Thursday, July 12, 2012

Paint Your Story



Last month I signed up for Mindy Lacefields' Paint Your Story class. I completely adore Mindys' work and it's organic quality. Throughout the class Mindy asked us to "channel our inner 7 year old" in order to paint our own individual stories.
I am new to painting faces and figures so some parts were a bit of a stretch for me. I enjoyed all the techniques that she taught us in order to create the faces. She employs simple things like finger tapping color onto the face. Who doesn't love finger painting right?
Mindy also suggested that we start out sketching and making maps of our favorite words, scribbles and marks. These lessons were a great way to get those creative juices flowing and to channel that 7 yr old me who used to love my crayons and typing paper.
I highly recommend this class! I thoroughly enjoyed it and I am eagerly anticipating the start (this Sunday!) of her new journaling class called Neat Stuff.
Mindy also created a Facebook group for those of us who are in her class. It has been great to be able to share with others, get feedback on my work and see what the other ladies are creating also.
Thanks to Mindy for so much fun!

3 comments: